河南省最好的肝病厦门中医院肝病中心, he was going to wish for.

Spiritual Computing
Global Challenges in Local Contexts
Building Peace in Asia
How Pacific-Asia Reinvents Itself
Renlai Issues
Renlai Articles
You are here:  
Super User
Super User
Website URL:
During the last summer I conducted a research on the viability of the implementation of Human Capital Contracts in a developing country. As I am Colombian, and I was familiar with the information available, the obvious start was to focus on my country. However, as I have been living in Asia and have been in contact with developing countries in this part of the world, I would like to develop a similar analysis here. In this article, I try to explain to Asian readers what Human Capital C maybe, some will want to follow or join the research presented here. Governments in developing countries have to deal with tight budget restrictions, which lead to underinvestment in education. Great efforts and advances have been made in the coverage of basic education, but this is not necessarily the case in Higher Education. In developing countries, individuals with a great potential might be left out of the higher education system because they do not have the financial means to access it and the Government does not have the means to assist the increasing demand either. Then, individuals with no access to education lose the opportunity to develop their full potential and the society loses the gains in productivity and welfare which are derived from education. Under this reality, any attempt to improve the access to education can improve the current situation. In Asia, demand for higher education has exploded. According to John Hawkins and Victor Ordo?ez (2007) , enrolment in Asia has increased from 13 million people in the 60’s, to more than 80 million in 1995, and up to 300 million by 2006. This jump comes mainly from East and South Asia, where individuals with higher education degrees have multiplied by 4 to 10 times depending on the country. Not all countries have been able to catch up and some are relatively lagging behind. Furthermore, such a quick increase has implications over the governments’ ability to react. Sometimes they are not able to catch up with the demand, let alone under adverse financial circumstances (i.e. the Asian Financial crisis in the late 90’s). Governments have opened doors for private resources to pour in, some institutions have been privatized, others are receiving private resources, but these measures do not seem enough. For example, the Philippines is one of the slowest countries to increase the proportion of higher educated people. There, 80% of the enrolled people in higher education institutions are enrolled in private institutions. A majority of students who cannot afford private institutions are left out.Recently, developments in finance have allowed the creation of different ways of long term financing and investment, mainly through securitization
and the deepening of world financial markets. These improvements have brought back the original idea of Friedman (1955): to invest in the equity-like potential of individuals to generate income in the future. Human Capital Contracts (HCC) develop that idea. In HCC, an individual counts with its future earnings as a warranty and source of resources, which will cover an original investment.Assume a student X just finished high school and he does not have the means to keep studying. X has access to credit but it might be too expensive to take a loan from the bank, X is afraid that he will not be able to cover it or that it will become burdensome in the future. In that case, the idea of HCC is to allow X to finance his education in exchange of a percentage of his future income during an agreed period of time. X might be afraid that the final outcome does not cover the payments in a normal loan. In HCC the risk is carried by the investor. If, after graduation, X earns only USD200 per year, he will only have to pay back USD20 with a commitment of 10% of his income. On the other hand, if X earns USD20,000 in one year, he will be requested to pay USD2,000. The latter might make X scared of paying too much. Still, HCC can be structured to avoid such circumstances through caps and Human Capital Options. Investors can also ensure themselves with options or insurance to avoid too low payments, as long as they are available with a third party willing to take over that risk in exchange of a fee.Then, one question arises: why would anyone risk so much if he/she cannot know the future income of students after graduation? In fact, by using information from college graduates with similar characteristics, we can make an educated guess of the average income the potential applicants to HCC will have in the future. The characteristics are the study field and other socio-demographic criteria. Thus, the percentage of income to commit in HCC can be derived from the estimation of the future income. Future payments will compensate investors for the risk taken in financing the applicants’ education. Some might still think that HCC are too risky, but it is an average and very low income students are offset by high income ones or by other measures such as insurance or options.This kind of contracts already exists. MyRichUncle(TM) () started operations in 2001. It was the first institution to invest in this kind of contracts. It has been followed by institutions in Germany, Chile () and Colombia (. In order to avoid creating a contract too burdensome for the applicants, these institutions have set the maximum amount a student can commit up to 15% of his/her income, during 10 to 15 years after graduation.HCC will only be implemented after addressing the question of their viability. It means that we want to know if the current income generated by graduate students is enough to cover and to attract investors without becoming exaggeratedly burdensome for students. We need data in order to deal with this question. This is the reason why I wrote this short article. This research needs databases which illustrate graduates characteristics: i.e. income, household structure, working time per week, field of study or career, among other information. If you are interested in HCC or if you know where this data is available for your country, please let me know. You can address your questions and suggestions to my personal email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Help us keep the content of eRenlai free: take five minutes to make a donation
Join our FB Group
Browse by Date
We have 922 guests and no members online上高三英语组第18周第一轮复习Book6 M4-6学案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
上高三英语组第18周第一轮复习Book6 M4-6学案
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩1页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢初中英语阅读习题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
初中英语阅读习题
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用2下载券
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢英语故事,最好两三句话,越少越好,越简单越好_百度知道
英语故事,最好两三句话,越少越好,越简单越好
尽量用小学中学过的单词越幼稚越好
也可以中文拉
要求是有趣
故事中的单词要简单
两三句话就好了
没必要太多
本人将悬赏分给
故事简单的人
当他回到家时.&quot,有一个农民总是担心自己种的秧苗长得太慢,”he said to his family . He hurried to the fields to see what had happened . One day ,&quot.&quot.WhI am tired out today,“我今天很累,他到田里把秧苗一个一个地拔了起来,he was very exhausted,十分兴奋.It turned out that all the seeding had shriveled up,he went to the farmland and pulled up the seeding one by one , in ancient China。” 他的儿子很奇怪就跑去田里看到地发生了什么. 拔苗助长 从前; His son was surprised ,”他对家人说到Giving the Seeding a Hand Long long ago。一看所有的秧苗都枯萎了。 一天,“我再帮秧苗长大;I helped the seeding to grow.He was worried about his seeding growing too slowly , there lived a farmer
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他4条回答
你知道她是谁;t bad,男人回答到“他是我妻子”?”“我写的”男人回答道,是谁写的这么可怕的歌词. &yes?&&quot,主要是这歌词写的不好.&quot,IWhat a terrible voice,其实她的声音并不难听。“OH.有一个妇女在唱歌;Do you know who she is,我的兄弟;she is my wife?”“是的”!&Of course her voiceisn'he said:“这是多么可怕的歌声啊. &quot,&quot。一个宾馆的客人对旁边的男人问道; was the answer,& I&quot?&quot. I wondered who w&quot, but the song is very bad.&quot,&Oh.& was the answer. One of the guests turned to a man by his side and criticized the singerA woman was singing
我的最短拉..The Fish Net &Can you tell me what fish net is made, Ann?& &A lot of little holes tied together with strings.& replied the little girl. 鱼网 &你能告诉我鱼网是什么做的吗,安?& 老师发问道。 &把许多小孔用绳子栓在一起就成了鱼网了。& 小女孩回答道。
A Brother Like That
A friend of mine named Paul received an automobile from his brother as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it.
&Is this your car, Mister?& he said.
Paul nodded. &My brother gave it to me for Christmas.& The boy was astounded. &You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you nothing? Boy, I wish . . .& He hesitated.
Of course Paul knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Paul all the way down to his heels.
&I wish,& the boy went on, &That I c...
参考资料:
。。。。。
Yesterday I went to zoo with my mother,we saw many animals like monkeys,pandas and so on.After that ,we went to eat KFC.I was very happy.
您可能关注的推广
英语故事的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁1—5.BCADB&&&&&&&&&&&&& 6—10.DCABD&&& 11—15.BACCD &&&&&&&& 16—20.ACBBD
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:江西省莲塘一中学年度高二下学期期末终结性测试卷(英语)
题型:完型填空
第二节完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文.掌握其大意,然后从36-55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&My 23-year-old son Dan stood in the doorway, ready to say goodbye to his home. In a couple of hours he was going to fly out to France. He was going to be away for at least a year to learn a foreign language and __36__ life in a foreign country.It was a milestone in Dan’s life, a change from school days to&& 37& . When we were to say goodbye, I&& 38&& closely at his face. I would like to provide him with good&& 39_& that would last longer than here and now.But not a sound came over my lips. I&& 40&& motionless and silent, looking&&& 41__&&& my son’s green eyes.I knew that this wasn’t the first time I&&& 42&&& such an opportunity pass me by. When Daniel was a little boy, I followed him to the bus on his first day in preschool. I&& 43&& the excitement in his hand that held mine when the bus came round the corner. He looked at me —just _ _44&&& he did now. And then he boarded the bus and&& 45& . The bus drove away. And I hadn’t&&&& 46&& a word.Some ten years later, a similar experience&&& 47& . His mother and I drove him to the university where he was going to&& 48& . Dan was ill in bed when I wanted to say goodbye.& __49&& the words let me down. I only murmured something like “I hope you are&& 50&& , Dan.” Then I turned around and left.Now I stood in front of him and recalled all the&& 51&&& when I hadn’t make use of those opportunities. Why does it have to be so&&& 52&&& to tell your son what you feel? My mouth was 53&& , and I knew I would only say a few words.“Dan,” I&& 54&& stammered out(结结巴巴地说), “if I had the choice myself, I would have&&& 55&&& you.” That was all I could say. It was nothing, and yet it was everything.36. A.experiment B.experience&&&&&& C.business&&& D.knowledge37. A.neighborhood&&& B.childhood C.adulthood D.brotherhood38. A.looked&&&&&& B.fixed C.glared&&&&&& D.stared39. A.gift&&&& B.support&&&& C.skill& D.advice40. A.walked&&&&&& B.stood C.sat&&&& D.wondered41. A.like&&&& B.for&&& C.at&&&&& D.into42. A.made& B.had&& C.let&&&& D.got43. A.felt&&&& B.knew C.found&&&&&& D.realized44. A.when& B.as&&&&& C.since D.once45. A.enjoyed&&&&& B.ran&&& C.left&&& D.disappeared46. A.heard& B.said&& C.gave& D.left47. A.took place& B.took on&&&& C.turned out D.turned up48. A.play&&& B.visit& C.study D.search49. A.Luckily&&&&& B.Once C.Again&&&&&& D.Therefore50. A.stronger&&&& B.happier&&&& C.greater&&&&& D.better51. A.times& B.places&&&&&& C.days& D.ways52. A.eager& B.important& C.difficult&&& D.lovely53. A.wet&&&& B.dry&&& C.anxious&&&& D.painful54. A.directly&&&&& B.finally&&&&& C.kindly&&&&& D.nervously55. A.loved& B.praised&&&& C.supported& D.chosen
来源:浙江省余姚中学学年度高一下学期第一次质量检测
第二节完形填空(共20小题,每题1分,共20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从41-60各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。In the doorway of my home, I looked closely at my 23-year-old son, Daniel. In a few hours he would be flying to France to&&&& 41&&& a different life. It was a transitional(过渡的)time in Daniel's life. I wanted to &&&&42&&&&him some words of significance. But nothing came from my lips, and this was not the&&&& 43&&&& time I had let such moments pass. When Daniel was five, I took him to the bus stop on his first day of kindergarten. He asked, “What is it going to be like, Dad? Can I do it?” Then he walked&&&& 44&&&& the steps of the bus and disappeared inside. The bus drove away and I said nothing. A decade later, a similar&&&& 45&&&&& played itself out. I drove him to college. As I started to leave, I tried to think of something to say to give him&&&& 46&&&& and confidence as he started this new stage of life. Again, words&&&& 47&&&& me. Now, as I stood before him, I thought of those&&&& 48&&& opportunities. How many times have I let such moments&&&& 49&&& ? I don't find a quiet moment to tell him what they have&&&& 50&&&& to me. Or what he might&&&& 51&&&& to face in the years ahead. Maybe I thought it was not necessary to say anything. What does it matter in the course of a lifetime if a father never tells a son what he really thinks of him?&&&& 52&&&& as I stood before Daniel, I knew that it did matter. My father and I loved each other. Yet, I always&&&& 53&&& never hearing him put his&&& 54&&&& into words. Now I could feel my palms sweat and my throat tighten. Why is it so&&&&55&&&to tell a son something from the heart? My mouth turned dry, and I knew I would be able to get out only a few words clearly. “Daniel,” I said, “If I could have picked, I would have picked you.” That's all I could say. He hugged me. For a moment, the world&&& 56&&& , and there were just Daniel and me. He was saying something, but tears misted my eyes, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. All I was&&& 57&&&& of was the stubble(短须)on his chin as his face pressed &&&58&&&mine. What I had said to Daniel was&&& 59&& . It was nothing. And yet, it was &&60&&&&. 41. A. experience&&&&&&&&&&&& B. spend&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. enjoy&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. shape 42. A. show&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. give&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. leave&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. instruct 43. A. last&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. first&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. very&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. next 44. A. upward&&&&&&&&&&&& B. into&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. down&&&&&&&&&&&& D. up 45. A. sign&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. scene&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. scenery&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sight 46. A. interest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. instruction&&&&&&&&& C. courage&&&&&&&&&& D. direction 47. A. failed&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. discouraged&&&&&&&& C. struck&&&&&&&&&&&& D. troubled 48. A. future&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. embarrassing&&&&&&& C. obvious&&&&&&&&&& D. lost 49. A. last&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. pass&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. fly&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. remain 50. A. counted&&&&&&&&&&&& B. meant&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. valued&&&&&&&&&&& D. eared 51. A. think&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. want&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. expect&&&&&&&&&&&& D. wish 52. A. But&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. And&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Instead&&&&&&&&&&& D. So 53. A. wondered&&&&&&&&&&& B. regretted &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. minded&&&&&&&&&&
D. tried 54. A. views&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. actions&&&&&&&&&&&& C. feelings&&&&&&&&&&& D. attitudes 55. A. important&&&&&&&&&&& B. essential&&&&&&&&&&& C. hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. complex 56. A. disappeared&&&&&&&&& B. changed&&&&&&&&&&& C. progressed&&&&&&&&& D. advanced 57. A. sensitive&&&&&&&&&&&& B. convinced&&&&&&&&& C. aware&&&&&&&&&&&& D. tired 58. A. by&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. against&&&&&&&&&&&& C. on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. with 59. A. clumsy&&&&&&&&&&&& B. gentle&&&&&&&&&&&& C. absurd&&&&&&&&&&&& D. moving 60. A. none&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. all&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. anything&&&&&&&&&& D. Everything
来源:山东巨野一中学年度高一第二学期必修③学分认定考试英语试卷
第二节&完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36—55各小题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。In the doorway of my home, I looked closely at my 23-year-old son, Daniel. In a few hours he would be flying to France to&&& 36&& a different life. It was a transitional(过渡的)time in Daniel's life. I wanted to&&& 37&&& him some words of significance. But nothing came from my lips, and this was not the &&&38&&& time I had let such moments pass. When Daniel was five, I took him to the bus stop on his first day of kindergarten. He asked, “What is it going to be like, Dad? Can I do it?” Then he walked &&39&& the steps of the bus and disappeared inside. The bus drove away and I said nothing. A decade later, a similar&& 40&&&&&played itself out. I drove him to college. As I started to leave, I tried to think of something to say to give him &&&41&&&and confidence as he started this new stage of life. Again, words &&&42&&&&&&&me. Now, as I stood before him, I thought of those &&&43&& opportunities. How many times have I let such moments &&&44&&& ? I don't find a quiet moment to tell him what they have &&&&45&&to me. Or what he might&& 46&&to face in the years ahead. Maybe I thought it was not necessary to say anything. What does it matter in the course of a lifetime if a father never tells a son what he really thinks of him?&&& 47&&&as I stood before Daniel, I knew that it did matter. My father and I loved each other. Yet, I always &&&&48&&& never hearing him put his &&49&&&into words. Now I could feel my palms sweat and my throat tighten. Why is it so&&&50&& to tell a son something from the heart? My mouth turned dry, and I knew I would be able to get out only a few words clearly. “Daniel,” I said, “If I could have picked, I would have picked you.” That's all I could say. He hugged me. For a moment, the world &&&51&& , and there were just Daniel and me. He was saying something, but tears misted my eyes, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. All I was&&& 52&&& of was the stubble(短须)on his chin as his face pressed&&& 53&&& mine. What I had said to Daniel was&&& 54&& . It was nothing. And yet, it was &&55&& . 36.A. experience&&&&&&&&&& B. spend&&&&&&&&&&&&C. enjoy&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. shape 37.A. show&&&&&&&&&&&& B. give&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. leave&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. instruct 38.A. last&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. first&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. very&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. next 39.A. upward&&&&&&&&&&& B. into&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. down&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. up 40.A. sign&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. scene&&&&&&&&&&&&C. scenery&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sight 41.A. interest&&&&&&&&&&&& B. instruction&&&&&&&&& C. courage&&&&&&&&&& D. direction 42.A. failed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. discouraged&&&&&&&& C. struck&&&&&&&&&&&& D. troubled 43.A. future&&&&&&&&&&&& B. embarrassing&&&&&&& C. obvious&&&&&&&&&& D. lost 44.A. last&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. pass&&&&&&&&&&& C. fly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. remain 45.A. counted&&&&&&&&&& B. meant&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. valued&&&&&&&&&&& D. eared 46.A. think&&&&&&&&&&&& B. want&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. expect&&&&&&&&&&&& D. wish 47.A. But&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. And&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Instead&&&&&&&&&&& D. So 48.A. wondered&&&&&&&&& B. regretted &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. minded&&&&&&&&&&
D. tried 49.A. views &&&&&&&&&&&& B. actions&&&&&&&&&&&& C. feelings&&&&&&&&&&& D. attitudes 50.A. important&&&&&&&&& B. essential&&&&&&&&&&& C. hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. complex 51.A. disappeared&&&&&&&& B. changed&&&&&&&&&&C. progressed&&&&&&&&& D. advanced 52.A. sensitive&&&&&&&&& B. convinced&&&&&&&&&C. aware&&&&&&&&&&&
D. tired 53.A. by&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. against&&&&&&&&&&&C. on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. with 54.A. clumsy&&&&&&&&&&
B. gentle&&&&&&&&&&&&C. absurd&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. moving 55.A. none&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. all&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. anything&&&&&&&&& D. everything
来源:学年江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
下列各小题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳 选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
In the
doorway of my home, I looked
closely at my 23-year-old son, Daniel. In a few hours he would be flying to
France to 1.______a different life. It was a transitional (过渡的)time in
Daniel's life. I wanted to 2.______him some words of significance. But nothing came from my lips, and
this was not the 3.______time I had let such moment pass.
When Daniel was five, I took him to the
bus stop on his first day of kindergarten. He asked, &What is it going to
be like, Dad? Can I do it?& Then he walked 4.______ the steps of the bus and
disappeared ii\side. The bus drove away and I said nothing. A decade later, a
similar .5.______
played itself
out. I drove him to college. As I started to leave, I tried to think of
something to say to give him 6. ______and confidence as he started this new stage of life. Again, words 7. me.
Now, as I stood before him, I thought
of those 8. ______opportunities. How many times have I let such moments 9.______ ? I don't ^nd a quiet moment to tell him what they have 10.
______to me,
or, in the years ahead what he might 11. ______to face. Maybe, I thought it
was not necessary to say anything.
What does it matter in the course of a
lifetime if a father never tells a son what he really thinks of him?
12.______ as I stood before-Daniel, I
knew that it did matter. My father and I loved each other. Yet, I always 13.______
never in all my
life hearing him put his feelings into 14.______ . Now I could feel my palms
sweat and my throat tightien. Why was it so 50 to tell a son something from the heart?
My mouth turned dry, and 1 knew I would he able to get______15. only a few words clearly. &Daniel,‘' I said, &if I could have picked, I
would have picked von.& That's all I could say. He hugged me. For a
moment, the
world 16.______ , and there were just Daniel and me. He was
saying something, hut tears misted my eyes, and I couldn't understand what he
was saying. All 1 was______17.of
was the stubble (短须)on his chin as his 18.
______pressed
against mine. What I had said to Daniel was 19.______ . It was nothing. And yet,
it. was everything.
A. experience
B. exj&ress
C. scenery
A. interest
B. instruction
C. courage
D. direction
B. discouraged
D. troubled
B. embarrassed
A. counted
C. Instead
A. wondered
B. regretted
A. arguments
B. attitudes
A. important
B. essential
D. complex
A. disappeared
B. changed
C. progressed
D. advanced
A. sensitive
B. convinced
D. forehead
C. ridiculous
来源:2013届云南省高一下学期期末考试英语题
&In the doorway of my home, I looked closely
at my 23-year-old son, Daniel. In a few hours he would be flying to France to &&&36& &a
different life. It was a transitional(过渡的)time in Daniel's life. I wanted to &&&37&
&him some words of significance. But nothing came from my lips, and
this was not the &&&38& &time I had let such
moments pass.
When Daniel was five, I took him
to the bus stop on his first day of kindergarten. He asked, “What is it going to be like, Dad? Can I do it?” Then he walked &&39& &the steps of
the bus and disappeared inside. The bus drove away and I said nothing. A decade
later, a similar &40 &played itself out. I drove him to
college. As I started to leave, I tried to think of something to say to give
him &&41 &&and confidence as he started this new
stage of life. Again, words &&42 &&me.
Now, as I stood before him, I
thought of those &&43& &opportunities. How many
times have I let such moments &&44 &? I don't find a
quiet moment to tell him what they have &&45& &to
me. Or what he might &&46& &to face in the years
ahead. Maybe I thought it was not necessary to say anything.
What does it matter in the course
of a lifetime if a father never tells a son what he really thinks of him? &&&47&
&as I stood before Daniel, I knew that it did matter. My father and I
loved each other. Yet, I always& &&&48& &never
hearing him put his &&49& &into words. Now I could
feel my palms sweat and my throat tighten. Why is it so &&&50&
&to tell a son something from the heart?
My mouth turned dry, and I knew I
would be able to get out only a few words clearly. “Daniel,” I said, “If I could have picked, I would
have picked you.” That's all I could say. He
hugged me. For a moment, the world &&&51& , and
there were just Daniel and me. He was saying something, but tears misted my
eyes, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. All I was &52&
of was the stubble(短须)on his chin as his face
pressed &&53& &mine. What I had said to Daniel was &&&54&
&. It was nothing. And yet, it was &&55& &.
1.A. experience&&&& &&& B.
spend&&&&&&&&& & C. enjoy&&&&&&&&&&
2.A.
show&&&&&&&&&&& && B.
make&&&&&&&&&& & C.
leave&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
instruct
3.A.
last&&&&&&&&&&&& & B.
first&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.
very&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
next
4.A.
upward&&&&&&&&& && B.
into&&&&&&&&&&&
C.
down&&&&&&&&&&&
5.A.
sign&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
scene&&&&&&&&&&
C.
scenery&&&&&&&&
6.A.
interest&&&&&&&& & B. benefit&&&
& &&&&&&& C.
courage&&&&&&&&
D. measure
7.A.
failed&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
discouraged&&&&
C.
struck&&&&&&&&&
D. troubled
8.A.
future&&&&&&&&&& & B. embarrassing&&&
C. obvious&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
lost
9.A.
last&&&&&&&&&&&& & B.
pass&&&&&&&&&&&
C.
fly&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& D. remain
10.A. counted&&&&&&&&&
B. meant&&&&&&&&& & C.
valued&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
existed
11.A.
think&&&&&&&&&& & B.
want&&&&&&&&&& & C.
expect&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
wish
12.A.
But&&&&&&&&&&& && B.
And&&&&&&&&&& && C.
Instead&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
So
13.A.
wondered&&&&&& && B. regretted &&&&&& &&& C.
minded&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.
tried
14.A.
views&&&&&&&&& && B.
actions&&&&&&&&
C.
feelings&&&&&&&& &&& D.
attitudes
15.A. important&&&&& && B.
necessary&&&&&&& &&& C.
hard&&&&&&&&&&&
D. complex