varlckyy是啥意思思

The sun. (New York [N.Y.]) , March 22, 1884, Image 4 - Chronicling America - The Library of Congress
jf & I ij V if i v & riti & w r & 3Hv i tr tj1 & iIYI Mf j IJ X i r r t nl i tlf 1 w r 7 q J & a I rr Jr 19 iTHE SUN SATURDAY MAROtt 22 1884 I PLICKED AND CONVICTED TOOU wiuTcnmnTX JVHT JMJTJU amourWORK WITH JIMMY MVUBAKTk Ie r KvUesioe & Ble rtr Applied Ithe UeserleMlem e r s & Pries PIhINIxBflMlhs IN AIr Pries URd MsiejJimmy Murray dmwed In a stripedmIxed suit of fiMhloniibla aut with n hnlfcarat diamond aluamlnir In a check Bilk necktie leaned bunk comfortably In an armchairbefore a jury of north count farmer In theWestcbofttor Court of Bexalon yesterdayJudge J N Mills ant behind the bench and Spootatnra looked admiringly at Jlromyarounded llmbe while Lawyer Smith Ient triedt convince the Jury that a certain entertainmoot of sporting character held at ElliottHotel Folham at 0 oclock on the morning ofJob SO wa limply I ioftulovo sparringmatch betwoexi two gentlemen for the umusomont of tholrfrlends Jimmy Murray was Intereitod In the case merely a the prleonor atthe bar charged with baying been engagedIn a prize or ring fight with one TommyZIonry at tim place and time mentionedAll the witnesses examined were brought bytho prosecution which was conducted by District Attorney N II linker The testimonyallowed that Jimmy nrrlied at Elliotts Hntolnttf oclock on the afternoon of tliu 19th Aboutc oIlier gontlirnitn nirlvcit thoro during theensuing ou & ulng nuil ho I following morningI3oma or Ihe & OKiintloinon wore 11 tobo menwho bail Kcru & il tliu Btnlii In vnrlnus oapndtlifbut clilcfly undor cnmrulnlou 1 was aid alsothat thlY tiiptl loud atid bolllnrnll l languageand IndulRod In conduct which Khockedald Ildlllwd COll 111 Ihokod comeof the pcoplo of the neighborhood and thus isn wltnoHs put It Qitvo It away whatevertbnt mny monmlYJust at daylight a ropn wan stretched aroundliml enclosing withinsome piK In n a upnpo wihinwhich Jour chulrs wart plncHi and some towelsand water pulls Thnro articles worn In diagonally oiimvtlto coriiorx Tluin after a coinliad bci n tosoud and torae ono liail Raid thntlila & shin lind won thu clinlro the prl oiitrJimmy Murrnywlth a comimtilon strppud Intotho euolosoit Bpiico and wit down rommy Himrr and another gontlnman orciiplod tho otherchairs Murray and il nry were call In nlinni4 IIOHO tight drnvrnr and glows Aftnr uizontlonun with a watch In I Ills hand lied unltl Ilinor tlinao two gvntlumiii Btoppid to tho middle oftlm Hpacn which Minio nun cnllod n 111111shook hiindH nor which both Hmllcd mind holdtheir firms unit liinulH bo torn thor Tlinnthny poknd their ImniU nt raoh other withvigor Inko1 I I llmmy happen tn hit lilniBolf IOKiiltiHt Tommy KIOVQII flat unit fell downThose evolutions wtmi Hticntml after bothBontktmrn Inul boon wiped niT with lowolsBy their friends tl limo uoiillcmnn wllli thowatch lind repeated his monosyllable TimeThis time Tommy wrlt tlown tlirongh an unintentional collision with Jimmys 1 gloveHomo ono anld In tho hearing one witnessrind In the presence of the defendant that atthin point tho second round was endedThe third time tho two principal In tho oxlilbltlon met In tho ring the gyrations worecontinued longertlinn bnfuro Uoth gnnttemonwove smiling but both breathed very hardsmllllTime grullons ended when Jimmy wont tograss frulon apnctator said amid prolongndcheers and execration Tho reason ot tintr outcry and the reason why Jimmy was carriedto n room In the hotel wore not given WhenBhcrllT Horton arrived at the room some timelater ho found that Jimmys ear was blendingI and his lips were swelled Ha acted as If dozedand tnlked Incoherently the result of thobruises ho rocolvnd In limo flght ua a spectatorrenmilod tn tho HhorlffNo witnos cs wore tntrodtioed for the defencewlnrsLnwjor Lent nrcuod that anger wits a namesarr accompaniment to a 1 light under tho lawn the city mime I & oleo oncouragn by tholr pinsend & the glovo corloslo nnd thoroforo tiara defendant lolloveil lui lolutod no Inw nnd waswithout criminal Intent No proof had heenI Introilucvd to ihow that any money wasand tho jury must thmoforu umnup IU8t tlolol PIKHUIIIOBono anl up I any ofJYnso had boon comJ mite It wan 1 breach of tin1 peace and thodafendnnt twin not on trial for that The wholotestimony showed that a friendly sparringmath such us took ViM dully In thin countyIxHrtcon gentlemen hud taken placo at an hourhlchl i I unusiiiil wns not criminal IAfter tho District Attorney had reviewed thotestimony and urged tho jury to rememberr that mi nciUlttnl would flood the county withHluwrs loafers mid thlovs the Courtclmrgnd that the law prohibited any contestbetween two or moro persons without weaponstor tlieipurpose of gaining tho mx lerr by theUSD violence by disabling or Inflicting physiI cal InjuryThC jury deliberated while than Court wont todinner and drought In a verdict of guilty whentho Court loturmidJimmy told the Court that ho was 21 yearsold was born In Providence was 1 resident ofNow York and was n atomic cutter by trado Hepad no Idea ho was violating tho law and hudboxed In public In a like manner nearlyevort night for a month before Time Courtthen sentenced him tn six months In theAlbany ponltnntlnry with a tine of 1300 or 300days more Imprisonment nn an alteinathoJimmy stood ulth his left foot forward facingtho Court and twirling a term cotta coloredsoft Doity while thu sentence wiii pronouncedOlion ho laughed ns ho said to a friend It Islighter than expectedLawyer Hyatt of tho defence said that an appeal from the rulings of the Court would boBindoat onceTommy Henry Is to be tried on Wednesdayunlosii ho CIO give 00 bal by that day fortrial at tho May termmT GiVING Atrtr THK WORDIevs from the Blblx Handed to rr atliuir CornerA man who looked lllto Tocumsoh ShermanInrusty clothes stood on ttas steps of THE SUNofllc yesterday distributing pages of the Biblet passurs by Ho wore an oldfashioned capeovercoat faded and many coloroi I standupcollar and a widobrlmmed hat The loaves oftho Bible wore extracted from an open volumebold In his bandThe Lord said Qo into the highways and1 peak My Word said tho man to a reporter of1 1 THK BUN made up ray mind that this wotthe simplest way to do It Every morning II cut up from three t six Bibles I separateV every feat and I go Into the highways and disf tribute time Word of God Everybody who getsma a page reads some pelts of Itrlle you employed lo do soNo sin It Is simply for love of tho LordArc you f clergyman VNn sir I am a business roan I came from1 Jnrldon ConiUOlioiit last Tuesday to do thisIrldol have five hundred Bibles and Testamenu which I Intend distributingThe reporter watched people who took thepage Homo stopped and frowned at the manh i some laughed at him some looked puzzled butU almost all put tho pages In their DocketIr A Genuine CliaaK Puck In a Pine BoxU The big pine box In which the white elephantil lit 01 Asic mult l hli trip acroii lh ocmu tie iI hltchul to a derrick yeiterdiy inomlnf holittd out oftlit aflf hatch of Hit CUT if Chester and swung to thewharf A crowd gathered around the box old tried to Iget a PoP Ht the cVphtut through the air hole Cot DB filcklee once United Hlatte Uoneul Bliin and Irob &ably Hie beet authority on white elephant In tide coontry lmiked l At the Light ot Aila In the afiernoou lieaaat that It wa lint nnlllie In I color mine I of thueleihaiilewhirl he hail nrteii examined In the King & etalike atttakok MI I 011 10 ucil IIhehl of AII did not roniefrom lOom but tttat he wae a genuine rhanir puck of the &Ml Nabl order and only Rlmhtlr affected by the fuecullailuuffle dlieaee hlrl cautce ductiloratlon of the akinThe Kind eliphanli of thiediecrlptlon Col Hckel &Mid are much laricer and anme of them hare linetuck The reaiou tiiai 1 t dn not think tl that IhU I onome from Warn lethal the box In which Itli now andwhich le I lubcllfd Slam leot t tin Theresa uo pine InIlh elephant wee tat on board a Ilihtor which waetowedto Ihe rVnnujliand fiallruad deiut tu Jeriejr Cltr4t wlience It was shIpped lo fhllaUtlphta at CoSTej Tnke a m DroThe Coffee Exchange was much excited yesterday by a cable deepatch announcing A chirp declineI la llaTr Prlcea tier at once began to decline and before the dote ell about 70 cents a bag after 80000 baghad changed liande Mr A I Kearuey soon sent noticelo the Kachanie that he wa Usable meet tie lUOIUtie He cud they wer aiiialLThe price of colic acid a member ha hen advauriid to exorbitant Illume bfcoI clique of HraxlUau ICpevuistiire t rho & hold at cut ItOiKju balL They arebreaking faith with OUt another and aelllnf out U theyget e cbaiicI Another event which eaitied n little excitement weethe refund of thai Board of Manavem to readmit MeeereIhe ViiK I Exchange lu Kelliteberger who recently failed as uieuibere ofTker will 11 Tuaclhcr but In illUnejMary White accuotd her husband MartinWhite In Hrookljrnof having aeeaulted and abuied herThe couple Ihe at Bay Bldge aud their qnarrele havebeen numeroue and violent From the evidence II appeared that the hard knocVe were not all received by thewife Durliut the prweedlniie the Court received proof11 rLOfthat both were 1oP tiled with Bowere ot invectiveJuitlce Dcrirrn rtntllv atkedthrm to eetlle for themMite what legal action & honld be taken They puttheir tirade together and the husband announced thepeoult of the cunerrntltiili We hate avred to liveV together but mailer to Mak to each other caMe Thle Ii xnlwed wee eitltfactory lo the Court and the charge wee dieI IboUmmad f HeealveraDaspaMhes received by Dradttrtttt say thata receiver hae been appolntM for the Mercer MiningManufacturing Company ot flrtcnvllte fa The companT wee omntied In January ISM with a capitalr r tCNiik of ajoouio which was Increaeed In IbO to II tooooo iioperatrnaiwuco4tetnuons at lano and theother at Ilarrlevllle I and wee alee ort connected1 wlUi the Bhenango U Allegbany Railroad Companywho lInt mortgage bond of l0onioo It ruaranteed1 tUUlfMa polnitu fat t laJLoai COIU1mo u sum BABM morass rJudas I & e & wree Aetlsw tks & Par aUlessieeiI a ths or iiputeE lorsicsKr Bavlllar Downing aat In the roar ofJudge tiawrenoaa court room yesterday mornInc Her blue eyes were ale on the fixare of I colfeneTtUrod browneyed Infant that was playing in the lap of an elderlywoman on the opposite side of the court roomThis was he little boy of which she nays she Isthe mother She nays that when her baby wasonly fifteen days old she was le t hiv thatthe body of a girl baby which was burled Inthe Cemetery of the Evergreenswaa her childTwice she removed her glance tram the childand burled her face on her mothers shoulderfor I long timeYour Honor said her counsel MrWagener we claim possession ot the Infantnow living at Mrs Martha O Uannltys boardIng house which Mra Hannlty say Is I CarlosWilson the son of one Emma Wilson MrsHannlty who Is in possession of the childclaim a that she has true knowledge of Itsbirth 1 this Is so why do they not set forthIts pnrentogs and aOl the place of Its birth andgive UH nn opportunity tn meet those talomentB nnd show their truth or falsity f All theplalntllT wants Is posseSsion of her child1lntt WBltWhy should they heslutu to show where thechild WW born or who Its parents are Wehuvo traversed tlinlr return nnd show that nosuch child was born In that house and that nopinch woman an Emma Wilson gave birth to IWe suggest that your Honor tlVO Jury trial todeciab tile matter 1 tho child belongs t thedefendants they can show It VAry soonAre YOI not reversing all the rules of evidence 1 Jmlgn Lawrence said Why shouldthe parties In possession bo obliged to provoIrl0811that tho child Is theirs I Is I for your clientto prove that tho child Is hornt But couldnt they by showing tho factoabout the birth of this child onablo us to os &taltllsh our claim 7Lblsl 11 you think Judge Lawrence repliedhat you have the right to start n litigation byohllglnir parents to prove tile parentage of achild I You ask tlutt tlioy lie l put on tho defenceTlmt catso wouldnt stand for 1 momentBoth sides ran thin piiiHirs in tho case continued Judge Lawrunot and I will hoar youtomorrow morning It Is a question whethertlern Is any grave doubt about the parnntiigoof this child I think tim plaintiff should haveA vary strong prlmn facie citesMrs Downing and her mother wore the firstto leave tho court room Ac Mrs Hannltypassed out with limo little boy In her Arm MrsItto brMAedDowning seized lit hand and weeping lookedup In his face Irs Hannlty Mood still for Imoment und then turned away and pushedthrough tho crowd with the childUK nor jvo POLITICAL vosmoirTim Oompbclla Private Urtrttnrr Get Nol y IMIker and le LoNdetl Milk ColtsJoseph Sihfrttone not Timothy J CamiibtttOpinionMcCarthyJ IlalntUt In Idle rile claim thaton or about the lit day of October lf & 83 the defendantInduced lilm to surrender a situation In the Kegliteraoffice which however nai not a permanent one butwhat t I termed In the Register ore a date and toaccept nervlce under him as tile private secretary In thecampaign which was to follow In which the defendantwee a candidate for Senator for the Sixth Senatorialdlitrlct In thle city for which amine II la claimed thedefendant agreed to pay tho plaintiff at the rate of 523per weeknnd If euccefifttul wit to secure him a place orpolitical position In wie of the public dvpartmenteofililiclt Thei & lalnlfl rrgdlli the 1 defendant 1 with tlJOlitit I II I between Nov 0 IhKI and Jan 23 tlI accounttit IIM aliened atrrenieiit leavlnit 5 balance due of flMfur o hints he asks juilirnienthim defendnnt un tlie other hand denies poiltlvely Ithat he ci er indncrd i the 1 plaintiff i I to eurrehder nil I 1tirin tint on the contrary urited him to retain It and contlnlie 1 In ll It nhl r If 1 lucce rtl In I the campnlgn he couldRet him n & lnco In rouio of the Iullic lemrtmeiit tOldnneR the rame time ollctutt hi icrvlcta to amtlit hint durIan tim oauiimlxn when lie the jatntlfT hail nndaleand n ae tint worktnic The dofenliuit denlee that he etcrpromUtrd or agreed to a pay him any salAry or waneswlmtFVer oilier than to secure a place I already Stateda lie naja that Mncc hie election he bee made pet &eraltfforti fat loin uf which I plaliulO w B present toserial the tftmr but had I JIlrlnt rrol & oratlouof I thli a letter dated Jan in IflStfrom drfondnnt to the ulnlntlff 1 i & ccc offered In evidenceehoivlng that hid I Honor Mayor KilftAti promised to eecure the appolnlmcnt ti ttie 1 I I IrIEr a clerkeMpInthe OomptrollerH I olllco If the plaintiff could pam liecli rl II service examination I It also nppeare that for eoine& earn prior to Oct I IKSI plolminlY had eecured and obtained a position or situation In one nf the public I departments I and that I this I wan secured through l the effortsof & tr Campbell IOn the ua of January 1894 the plaintiff wrote to thedefendant n letitr n hlch li I in evidence I and which aideniattrltlly II In clearing up nome of the difficulties In thiscane In that letter the 01 plaintiff 1 aas among otherthin ire a1 lien I arrived home taut night I was served with tnon payment ilispoaeoe & returnable I Thllreday I am Indehted to my lamliord 1 I 93t for two mottthii rent I havebeen pritmif & lntc m & liuidlord to make aeod v eek afterweckfxpectlnir onwould get some ptmitlon for me neforsthis it In a nice preillcamrnt for Henatorlatnpbells private Cretehsry at the people call me He kindenonun lo rend mo moner enough tu quare the landlordand keep my family mull I omeihliiK turns np It me & dueme you ktiiw I didnt expect ll to come to this after youbeing an euccil fnl this timeIn no cart of the letter I does itiero I appear to be anyel rl to money ilime Nor does he aceert htmeelf a l1r mlhIrIrh ills eecrctary bait simply lhlr theii orals a IhI l5Jihe l clI Again In a letter datedFeb a the pUliitlfl eat emI am und from what I have heard from yourown lips that you never Intended I tn keep any to yourclint pioinUes to me before or after your election Iamir 11 bore uo 10 you I can ece that ° Vontaste fed me on promUee I ever since I 1 became a memberof 3 our committee and It is time I got sickwhether or not the defendant really and sincerelyendea & oredto keep his promisee to secure a positionfor the Ulntlff i Is a matter of honor a moral I obligation Iwith which the Court has nothing to do except so fur ueIt may bear upon the case at bar In determining whetherthere was nn agreement to pay a fixed compensation ornot I alI ot the opinion that there was no agreementinch nn alleged Judgment mint be for the defendantHut the defendant put In a counter claim for fio on apromlMor note which was proved on trial and admitted h I & the plaintiff Therefore the Judgment must bcosts for the defendant for fill beildes costs and SiO extraDId for JMsjhiUr Ike atreetsTho New York nnd the Manhattan 08 LightCompanies have offered to light the street lamps In theirdistricts for a year from May I for f 1750 a lamp end theMutual Oas Light Company lias offered the same pricefor a part of the district between Thirtyfourth andSeventyninth streets This Metropolitan Companysoffer was S18 and the Harlem Companys 910 SO perlamp loW Central t Company will light the Twentythirdward for 529 a lamp The Northern Companys bid i forWest Farms was 133 per lamp and the Yonkers Company IhmI1pany offered c II light the lamps in Klngstirldgs for HO alamp The United States Electric Light Company willlight 282 lamps I In the Battery City Hall Park andJral flln 1Tompklns and Washington squares and In severalstreet south of Fourteenth street for seventy cents eachpig night The Brush Electric Light I Company hasoffered to light for the same price 475 lamps 1 lu Unionand Madlion squares Htuytesant and Oramercy parksand several striate north of Fourteenth streetDefying the Burglars Best Skill IThe biggest safo deposit vault ever construoted Is I that of the New lork Produce ExchangeSafe Deposit and Storage Company In the new ProduceExchange corner of Whitehall and Stone streets Theroom measures 4 by 23 feet and la I enclosed In sevenlayers I of Iron and steel There are two entrances eachwith an outside door welihlng 7000 pounds and Insidedoor weighing 5UJO pounds protected by time locksInside tault arv several thousand steel safes eachlock different from every other and opened with two keysone of which le I In possession I rf the safe deposit companyI II fhIIIpalo and the other is held by the lessee of the cafe Aejirliii lu each door throne It open when unlocked soaunt I If I left unlocked I Insilterteutly t I It yJI be Immediately noticed The company sn a that the most expertworkmen wnnld require at least live days and nights tobreak Into the nfe This Is i the only I safe deposit company below Wall streetArrested by the County Medical oclclrOn complaint Dr Samuel A YanderpoelPresident of the County Medical Society John J Jordanof r Eat Tenth street was arraigned at Jefferson Market yesterday and accused of practising medicine undera diploma which confers an honorary degree and whichwas Illegally I and I fraudulently l obtained The prisonereald his lam waa J acques and demanded a private examlnstlon lie wan psroled to await examinationLawyer Klpley who appeared for the County MedicalSociety sej a that Jordan t or Jacques Is also known asDr Illcord and Ur Kahn and that he lithe proprietor ota h Museum of AnatomyJustice MeVarthrs Latter BlsrestureleaGeorge Cllinilan of 37 Jefferson street andMichael VTaUh of 223 Cherry street were arraigned beforeJustice Patterson at Eesex Market J esterday A letterfnim Civil Justice John Henry McCarthy was sent upsaying that Ililflllan was a hardwoklng voungman anduientitled lo clemency The policeman who arrested ullnilan said I he hail arrested him a dozen times UI1 atnsure Jnetlcs rattereon acid that Justice MeCarthy has been Imposed upon by some one I believe Ig1Jn I bfQllnllan to be a bad character i sentence jIb to theworkhouse for litre months I sentence his comradeWalsh for ten daysThe Two DlssihUif HtejetieiehlswFunch Edye t Co t whom the steamshipChateau Morgans I I consigned old yesterday that thelatest tidings they had received were Jhose brought bythe City ot Chester nn Thursday All outgoing vesselsIt Is tO lfh watch for the rulderlese steamship IAdvices were received yesterday by yuneh Ely A Cothat the Belgian steamer Jan Hreydel which left Antwerp for this port on March 7 had been spoken by theAbyssinia on March IW which time her engines weredisabled hhewasln no need of assistance It Is I notknown here what cargo or passengers she carriedchad r les MetThe first shad poles In the harbor this yearwere set yesterdsy off the Robins Reef light by VanDuzen the venersbls shad flshsrinsn of the Stapletonbasin Tiiistehaltsve4tobsthe I belt shut ground nearNew York becsuse fish strike the neil there when coming up either from the Narrows or the Kill ton NulL Ado & en drift nets were oat la the Narrows yesterday but Ino shad were caughtITha AsBDriema C lUej & I Ems Tbreated iDirect information has been received by theauthorities the Catholic Church In this city that lhAmerican College at Rome Is I one of the first pieces ofproperty to b sold by the Italian Government Catholicclergymen say there Is no doubt that this I property wasgiven to the Uolte4 State br the Holy rather for theealabllehnient however of tIme American College Me dead passedQAorJ XT rov BOTMA elonrtmUe HellavM e & r hU ChrtelSMS rrss51 by Tyre In VisasJames Coyne 13 yonrB old has boon thoproud possessor of a sliver huntingcase watchpresented to him by his father oa ChristmasJames uwvd a piece of whip cord A a watchchain On Monday ha was Invited to go to anentertainment of Dahlgren Post b Frankl & Ick njon I years old who lives In the same ihouse In Thompson street The two ladwalked through South Fifth avenue on theirwar to the entertainment At Brooms streetthey were sMtad by four lads Herman Andrews aged 18 of 17 Lalght street ThomasFay Agrd 12of 6 Leroy street white balCharles WbiMler aged II and John Thompsonaged 13 coloredW hit ward Is I blat asked one of the cotorea boyor b Eighth answered Dlokensnn111dDlolonanFay ana Thompson searched sockets but found only a few cants Meantime the other thieves went through Coynespockets and after a atrugglo In which lefought pluckily they were about to take hiswatch from him when Far saidOh pstmw Its only a case He turned togo away but came buck find said Let me looknt It again As Coyne showed it I to him Andrewa snatchd Hand ran nwayIll give him away said Fay to Coyne forcheating mo out of myshnroAntlmws tried to sell time watch to n Jewellerwho refused to buy It nnd finally sold It to amm In the street for tlM Andrews gaveWheeler 15 cents Fay 10 cents Thompson 35cents and William Iteddcn a negro boy whoplaypd bones 35 cents and kept 40 cents ashis sharellflddnn was pent to tile Juvenile Asylum onThursday by his father Dotiictlvit Moron arrestutl thee other four boys yenterday and rocognlzod Wheeler as having been arrested forattempted burglary a year ago Justice Whitevesterdar committed the prisoners for trialTWO LADS OH THK WARlATUracy Bee Stlea Cask to rut Ont an Rsiptidllle & n Asralnet the Now Jersey IndlnnsThe railroad tlckot scalper Mr O O Lansing of 097 Broadway sent his messengerJohn Boyle aged 15 years of 102 Molt streetto deliver an envelope containing UO on Feb13 Boyle decided to keep the moneyand have a good time With ThomasLinn aged 13 years who lives In Dolancoy street ho purchased two parlor rifles two bowlo knives nnd ammunition Afterappeasing their appetites In a flowery restaurant the lads wont to the Orange Mountains toshoot Indians and KRtn They had n brief andunsatisfying experience and returning to thncity they slept one night In the Bowery andthen chased dogs on tho BoulevardOn Thursday night Boyle wits arrested Allthat remained to represent tbn 140 was a bowIeknife Ho had pawned tho other weapons toget money for foodGnome was scarce Doyle said to JusticeWhite yesterday anil we didnt see no Indians Wo only saw a few crows and couldnthit thorn Wo collared nothing but I got collared when I came hackVoylo was committed for trialThe Fanernl of Mssie Asust BishopThe funeral services of Mmo Anna Bishoptook place yesterday st her Isle residence 1443 Fourthavenue The burial casket was surrounded by manyfloral tributes ons of which a magnificent cross of callalilies was the gift of her friend Mme Alwlna Vallerlallutchlnson The Rev Edward O Flagg ot GraceChurch read the Episcopal service and after a few remarks and a prayer the service was concluded Amongthose present were 111 Ollmore Col WA Pond JohnIlowson 8 H Mills Col Laird of the Twenty secondlloglment I Veteran llstiallon Harry Kdwnrds 1 of Wailarks Theatre Mine Hueenle rapnenhelm Mm AnnaUrasdll Mrs Edvard Hezuln and Miss MarX HegulnFrank tlowson Itudolph Aronson and Mine CuattertonBobnrTho & body will be taken tills morning tn Red HookT & utche e coitntr N V the nsthc place of her huibandMr Martin Schultz 1 The Interment will be In I Ht Paulaiuthi ran Church Cemetery by the sIde of her sonAugustus Bishopthiflftdft2fllttCA VPTOWN ADVEI1TIaPRCx May leave their favors for limScn at the only authorlred uptown nutertlpement ontceslCUM Broadn ay corner 31st r er1 O P Mfloss West ZJd si comer 8th av till II P I M1OW 3d av entrance on CilIa 1111I H P Mliv East 1 llh st 1 comer Union squire till II P MSOS Scot h2ilha st near 3d TIIII 71IO 111No extra chargeA A4 JLt A A eo upIn e4 epA eratorson llonnaz and Call machine i steam power steady work good pay NEW YORK NOVELTY10 41 amid 43 IIrIIA WANTHII Operstors and basiers on boysti P jackets steady work at 47 Maujer st Wmsburgh IXPEHIEStCED operators on tins horse clothingEXPERIENCEDalit DnoII near Onion av Brooklyn B P NYIRsJTCLAfU scarf tuckersFITCLAU MILLERS 11M Broadwayr AJVTED fllrls who are used to working on footJ VD 1im1vi presses CITY BUTTON WORKS 110 Walkers roIT ANTED A woman to sewwlndnw shades andlv curtains CIIA8 SALON 48 West 14th st57AlkTEiA girl I about 13 years old In stationeryW f IItbye store 1U5 West 34tti st1ftSllttdBit1CI1RTCLAS4Mstrlper sod Ispsnner wantedAVIKSTrLAHH EIWPJrT rt lIt young man ROBERTS TOY CO 79 Adams StBrooklyn4 RUTCLASS foremen In brau cock shop AdA dress A box 147 Hun officeB 1OY wanted about 16 years of age referencebouh 3J iBI wages S3 C C TUTTLE 1140 Brosdv ayCARBIAHEBLACKtiMITII finishers wantedw J CURLEY 24J State St BrooklynD IIIVEM horses used wanted to chair business one who preferred understands 444 Pearl csrs st ofFEEDER on Gordon press steam power wages14 LYMAN BROWN 54 Warren stmaight clerk coachmen gardener farmersIjOTELbutlers blacksmiths helper wanted 783 Bwsy1 AN to make smooth almonds In hand basin andMAN 1 candy ANDREW J HOPE 44 Fulton st cityPRINTER Young man to mate ready feed andL distribute type also boy to feedACME PRESS 54 DuanePAINTER and psper hanoier Oman to do bothI Heady Job W A BOUART PassalcN JtA LEaSt EN wanted m steady reliable men only andSALEsmENbirrll olnJt good talkers to Introduce Ins K1CKAPOO INDIANMEDICINER Indian Sagwa and IndIan Oil full outfitN lrtrh trl tS f Inofit furnlihedt liberal salaries paid Call any evening atHarlem Hall 121 East 125th St N Yt Stella 1111 Bedford av corner Myrtle av Brooklyn or TemperancetlIy f inrl I kriiHall Hamilton av BrooklynITAI4TE1A competent tailor tn cut and superintendWANTED J 1ll Woe ricff5y tend the clothing I of boys In the House of Refuge nnRandalls 1 Islandt t must be a slngls man and able tor 1 f II rMhJSurnloh fond reference aa to character and ability andbe willing to give his whole time to the Institution Inwhich he must r Irloi Aprlv I to the Superintendentferry foot IVtth Harlem River steamer RefugeUIANTEDA liritclass wood worker on metalW Jft toeartlVY tainted 1 show case also a goon metalworker Isteady work guaranteed by the year or longer tombsright min Apply to W MILLICIIAMP A CO showcase manufacturers SI Adelaide st E Toronto CsnodaW ANTED A feeder to run a B A Woods tongueV V Ing cud grooving planing lrI Apply atI lining Mill I 24th st and llth avWANTED Firstclass metal ejilnnernn chandelierV l mii IR lIT work Call nr address 11 P i B tOFU CO I2IHSouth 8th st PhllsdelpnlaV eland NTEII Cabinet Einerlenced York 43 msn west on av sand Hunters wheel Point LongW ANTED Lathe luirnlnherit mutt furnl h bloodTV tont CITY BUTTON WO It KB 110 WalkerT ANTK1I Young men to pack cracker Ac InTV bakery 46 and Bufiok t near GrandVfS Shoe salesman slsoSlielps for SIrVT urday evenings & 171 oat itV csNTEIi A boy that can work on bread andVT cake jyA at 601 math avV ANTEDMarbls cutler to work In buildings 413WAN fl iMrbllv Eaal 71st stW ANTEDTwo Brooklyn good box sawyers at lOT Union stSituation WantedA GERMAN CURL wsnU a situation for plainA rooking washing and Ironing 240 Bast 37th sbetwssn 3d and 3d ava basementA POOR WOMAN wsnts to go out washing byk nlIL the day or would take It home good referenceNo 441 West 13tb et rearJOB COMPOSITOR wishes steady situation caI pabls of taking cars of printing offlcs moderatewages Address OOMP box 130 Sun omeLADY wishes situation as housekeeper to widower413 East mh St bassmentITUATION WANTED by a young man to takeSITUATION afJCl ncharge on bread and cake or as good second hand oneither bread or cake or brtad and oaks together city orcountry Call or address K H 60 Graham av Brooklyn EDntttlllnBAKFRMA meeting of the P B Union will haf1I1 3JranVn l JJ33 held at Military Hall on Saturday evening March 22at 8 oclock All mensbsrs are requested to attend cithera Is I a change to be made In the constitution Tothose wishing to become membere Initiation fee tlPETER MOONEY flee Sec PETER BURKl Presl= olt and & uw1LOssTThrough the mall Certificate No 185 forTS14 shares of the capital stock of the Klsmford Manufacturing Company m all I person are ullond againstfan olgotiating the same1 0 RKWAKU forwhlle and bronn hound withSl U ra white tip tall I atJACOIJ UTUOUS 111 WUlttt It cityiWllUatlMAeoN IM1I1A UBVBBT AFTEItKOON AT 2 BTBNINO AyeOfaadeM TrleeiphInAasoseajent AnaalsP T iiitulIaCreated SJinw on Rsrtti united I forever toTUB GREAT LOKUOM OIBUUMine Iteanswrnolf Lane 1110 we Ie I leeThree Olms Onmpenlee U Three HagsTwo MenagerleeTralned sad Will AnlinoKHugs Rlevoted sIMS fur UUtbdltss AimsRoman Hippodrome with rieree OonteetsXMomssiitu MusselS of Living WoajderoKthnolotlcat Ooagrese of Savage TrtoeaTrcrr4fi Kkpasnt sno performers l throes AeesJnmbo Baby Elephants end I tn & Other featuresKUinologtcal Congress eililbltei betnre each performZ nrins bet net after B P M Avoid crowds at box climbby MeuM ecati III advaiaoenUranrilcndJr a Side CO 0111 0 =hart prise Reserved seats il Private boxes seoUngsix lilt slngls box seats MQNBW OIUWD OOOlaTilIIBTIIOPOLIT41t 011I1IA 1I0tlllltlRIIDAY AIdl 1rJlUaBDJ t
t APrIlShIATURDAT ArrBBKOOM AprIl MIIATRRIIAllopru T TillWINICIILMANNTOr WAOlillasuASiSaw f 5150555IUARItrD T1 IIUIOAL DIREUTIOM OI801IORII TltONAHORANO ORrIIK8TKAloH Stuslofum AJolloltus I 7A0 voteRsA MMITItp NUMBER OP ROlES BRATIKO Sir AND0111 MAT BR onTAINRf HT SUBSOBirTlOM V I TOMARCh 21 AT KTRIMWAV hALLTIOKRn FOR tilliOLII CONVERTS SALE MONDAY MAtICtI 24WAGNER HAI & iooK IN rREHROTAK a Mr LKHTrin THKATHK WALLACEProprietorIRVIN HXASONRXTUACommencing MONDAY March 81Engagement of Mr flKNRY IRVINO Miss BLUMTKIIRY and the LYCBUM OOjllAKVUnder tbs direction of Mr IIBNKY B ABIlItYwhen will be produced for ibe first Urns In New Yorklay & Mr Irvine Shakespeare eomedrofIrrln1thl AOO ABOUT NOTIII NOnENKDICK Mr HKKRTtBTIKaB IKATRI11K Miss ELLEN TERRYStale of PrtrssP3 f and tljea reservedKale of scale will hegln for enl week only on MondayMarch 24 at 10 A M at star Theatre ISth st entrantsJEW IAIIK TIIKATREI ReMrved SeatsNEJOr rfr tliltOADWAIf AND roTH I fcT 1800 I = 7oC and IILART MATINHK LART NIflllTBIIIMIK Mill OIllMKKBLKIIITH O 10 liONLKIIITM O f I MINIKINLII1II18 U LONDONPreannled with all 1 the scenery prnpertles and mochancat effects used In otis original protluctlonUKANU HAT1NKK loUAY AT 2NEXT WEEKelaborate production of a Inrlelan success entitledprodutl BAOIIIFIOKM ETKOroLITAV hPRINO HEAbONUKAND OPERA ITALIAN IlOiralC OPKRADirector HENRY K ABIlItYTHIS HATUItDAY MATINEE MARTHAMme Hembrlch Mute Trebello signer Novara andBlirnor CampanlnlFamily circle 5Oat 1 general odmlislnn t2 DrsssCircle tit Orchestra lUaU tIRepertoire third week Monday March 2411 Barbersdl sfvlgtla Wednesday Lea HnguenotsPrices for the Huguenots will be as follows FamilyCircle admission rJ gemmeral I sdimtlaslom 521 Family Circle reserved flfio hslcony reserved 2501 Dress Circle reserved r4i Orchestra stalls 51 Baignoire and201 tier Boxes VtO each m 3d Her Boxes rests tail1 Atn STS EEl TH SlATS I corner Oth av14TJI ra gIi1RT Jtl lMhFLYr14 LAST TIMES MUST IO ITIVKLVThis Bsturdsy TWO rKKKORMANlKH matinee at 3venlng at H by Mr Joint Stetsons comedy company ofhe great cumin scuiatlon England and lUe UnitedStatesONPUIIIONMONDAY MARCH 34 COMMENCEMENT OP1 rv11a4NC i rMK KDwfN BOOTHflLAST TWELVE Ill II 10 111 AIIC8 OF TUB SEASONfor which the sale 1 nf seats Is 1 now In progressBox office open from U A M until 10 P M and seatsmay now be secured for any performance In advanceGKAKD OFKHA IIU HUE5x Iteierved eeata orchestra circle and balcony flocMatinee at 2 1IlIlnI II Last times ofJAMES A HKAltNKB HRAItTD OF OAKNext Week YOUNO Slits WINTIIKUPRAM OPKHA IIOUNK SPECIALG WIINDAY MAKCI1 24 ONE WEEKMATlNfcUB t EDNFHDAY AND 8ATUUDAYThs OriginalMadison Bqusre Theatre CompanyIn Bronson llowardaTOUNII Mill WIMIIBOPwith the following castAda Dyss E 3 Buckley W II uillette Fannie ReevesEnid Lull Edwin Arden Jn UteriWaters and Frank ColfaxALL TilE ORIUINAL BOBNFUYyni AT TiiCATR Broadway 28th stFAREWELL MATINEE TODAYLAST PKRFOKMANCK TONKIIITGILBERT AND BULL IVANJS LATEST OPERAPRINCB88 IDAMONDAYEVnNljsVlIMarchiVCONFUHIONMeats lie I nnd tM can now be securedTIIKATUK C MIlVK T3U BROADWAYMAMIIMIAN A IIAHTT ProtirtetorsJOHN E CANNON Manager1A8T WKKKH OFTHE HIT OF TilE REASONHARRiaAN AND HARTlu Edward HarrUsns I great successCORDELfAS AhPIRATIONBThe original mil lo by Mr Dave BrahamII VAWAhpriDAMATINEES TUEHDAY AND rltf DAYCOMKHY TIIKVTIIK Broadway and 29Gm III SECOND WEEK OF LAUOHTBR AND FUNAtkinsons Comedy Company InPUCKS BAD BOYIlls Pa Ills Ms Ills Olrl I 01 Ills ChumTheOrnceryman The Minister 0 PolicemanThe Orocery Rtoro The Drug Store andThe PicnicEvery evening at a Matinees Wednesdsy snd SaturdayKeats 75 fl and flllll Oeneral admission WeWTIIILOSt DAIIDENA IOdlI I A UILMOKK ProDrittors ana ManagersRESERVED BEATSorchestra circle snd t balcony onfirst Door and second floor Slut t orchestra and balconystalls 75CJ orchestra chairs SI It gallery admission 25cSecond and last week ofSTORM BEATENMATINEES WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY AT 2V Next week ORPHEUS AND BURYDICIi with theentire original Bljon Opera House cast AcUNION SQUARE THEATRESHOOK A COLLIER ProprietorsContinued success ofBARTLBY CAMPBELLS UREATBST AMERICANSEPARATION PLAYNow In us THIRD MONTHEvery evening at B Saturday Satiates at 2TONY PAHTOIO THEATRE 14TII STL GREAT SHOW TONIOHT OREAT BURLESQUETilE RAND DUTOIIER8LB CLAIR and RUSSELl as DUTtlHEftS and FRITZTONY PAHTOR and ELEGANT SHOW TONIOHTMARTENS HKLD8 TRIO and HANSON MUSICAL CLIPPER WAX QUARTET WORKSSecure Cholcs Beats In advance for TonightO LIT M PI AN CIVROIlc rl rlCAftROLLER SEATING AND BICYCLE RINKDaily sessions lo to lam 230 to 33 730 to 1080AMERICAN INSTITUTE 3d av end lolt StDay admission ZSct six admissions f 1 children lOcEvening admission Sto four admissions I SI Morningsession especially ili ladles I Friday evgs admission l oooMAOIHIsN SQUARE TIIEATILE Broadwaylvi and 24th st Evenings 830 Saturday Matinee 2I Hiss Ivan Mms von HtamwltiMTII NIGHT I MIss Burroughs Mrs WhlHen Ueorgeof I Clarke Thoik Whlffen Walden BamALPINE ROSES eeyWJ Lemoyne Ends 1U3Sc AH1NO BROADWAY AND SOTH STCAJ rft iUEvery evening at 8 Matinee I Saturday at 3Johann Mtrauiss Sparkling OperettaTIlE MERRY WAItBy the McCsull Opera Comlqus CompanyAdmission SO centsJTEINWAY HALIMISS JEANNE FRANKO Saturday 22d 8 PM assistViolinist ed by eminent artists Tickets CI I Including reservedGRAND CONCERT teats at Steinway HaltB IJOU OPERA IIOVHP Sway near 30th stAI Every Evening at H Matinee tuusy allElaborate productionof the latest London successOllt VIED ALYSTHEATME Every night at 8I MATINEE TO DAY AT 2RED LETTER The flints simply IrresistibleNIOIITS I Herald Not a tedious momentI first to last JournslSTAR THEATRIC EVKMNO THIS WEEK Broadway MATINEE end SATUR 13th itDAY JOHN McCULLOUOH IN THE IIADIATOItNext week Mr MedULLUUUIIS last week BRUTUSOTHELLO RICHARD III and other tragediestlTALLAflKHW LADY CLAllIi LADY CLARE18 ASOLID DRAMATIC TRIUMPHEVERY EVENING AND SATURDAY MATINEBKOMTEUAHIAIH 231 st and Mi ars The Seniatlon & & f the Dayrlnm1J 11111PtilTHR IMPERIAL DIIAOON TROUPE OP JAPANESEFive Dancing CHrIs Klght Jugglers Wrestlers AcTOMORROW HUNDAY THE JAIANIuIIimiIlRDAVKM7KTHEATUF8lstst3iiarM One weak Commencing Monday March ITMatinee I OHARLK8 BOWKEIt andWednesday TUB BPAKKX COMPANY IN Aand Saturday I h BUNOH OF KBYBDEOPLKSJ THKATIIE Bowsryopp Spring ItJT Ueservsd Seats Hi 5f 75a Matlneee Wed and BatB AULRV a UNCLE IIANIA MESSENGER FROM JAKVIS SECTIONMONDAY THE KOMANY RYEHALIA THEATRE TODAY MATINEEI 1 treIIIRIII OBI8TINOKR and BANDMANNNARCISTOMOIIT JANI8CIIPRECIOSAAUlcal InntmtIUMASON A IIAMLIN ORGAN AND PIANO COLiJ 40 EAST I4TI1 ST Seem and cheapest organs lastyles fl apt rented all rent allowed In purcbsierJfCatalogues malted freeOILCE W ATE UN A CO 124 Slh av nearHORACEHWi St Pisnos and organs new and seroud handlarge assortment low prices fur nh or InstslluisutsNew pianos 910 per month I organs 9oBEIININB A RON II West Mlh at best and cheap3 est grand square and upright pianos for sale andrent m sucoiitlnsnd pianos of all uiukers always on handLhIIUIUEH PI A N O Benowned for tone and floraLFIHCH ElfL bully Ill West ailli st and B07 Broadway nl lImb tI AllY will sell for f 115 rosewood upright pianoforte1i lleildenee 231 Rest IPtn st nesr M av30 INNTALLUENTSI Organs Ml riot iiSOv5t & 0rer truiig i piano 75 GORDONS Ill East Hlh stBilliardA SIERICAS standard billiard and pool tables nswAMERIOAN J IIrdJd1 and second hand at great bargains and easy termsW II ORIFFITII A CO euu Broadway corner 2uth itnih St COLLK UKII Billiard and Pool Tables areTHE t must arcurate ant durable Billiard materials otever & description Send for catalogue and price listmrIIi tU H I1t 8 t1lUitlJ W CULLKNUKK CU 7 & M ttrvtvdwarA J CAMMEYER167 169 SIXTH AVENUEOOHMlUt 1 THSTIiIBNTS FINEFrench Gait HandSewed5007PER PAIRaROM IN CONOHIM BOTTOX ANDLACK IN SIX WIDTHS AND ALL MTTIFor TOmorTHEYTHEY MANUFAOTURID OF CAREFULLY SBLECTBD FRENCH CALFSKIN AND ARE EQUAL TOANY OUDTOMMADB ShOE AT DOUBLE TilEABOVE PRICE JKVEKT rAIJR WAUANTEDKTFaVTTniKO ITS THR WAT OP roOTWEAK FOB LADlES tJElKT MISSESChILDREN BOYS AND TODTIM ATIWPONDlNOtiT LOW rlccOrders by moil will receiveprompt attentionOPEN EVENINGSA J CAMMEYERSIXTh AV AND 1SJTII SITTUB M Y PRODUCE EICHANGESAFE DEPOSITAND STORAGE CONiW PRODUCE BXOIIANOB BUILDINGOar Whitehall and Stone Sts NTrime vault lorl this company Is the Isrgest and strongeststructure 1 of the kind In tills country nnd It r Is I equippedwith the latest approvements In burglar and fIreproofwork In accommodations for petrous are unexorlledA pleasant parlor nl 4 conveniently furnished fur ladlesHates can be had for flo per year and upward Personsdesiring to rent safes nr obtain storage can communicate Iwith Gao Manager of the CompanyPresident JAMES WcOKKVlcelreeldont ALFRED M lionTreasurer K K LIVKBMOIIKSecretary PAUL BABCOUKTRUIITEEII IH O ARMOITR of Armour Planklnitton A Co IPAUL AIICDUK Jr President lOon A Fleming MannfacturlngCo Limitedlion FRANKLIN IIOIIU Myor of New York cityLYMAN F UOLMAN of Miles A holmesALFRED M 1 110YT of Alfred M IloytSAMUEL JACIIBYnf EJaoabvfMI1itIU A LINDLKY field Mndley A CoE It MVKIIMUREOfKR ARR LlvermoreJAMES MothER Ir IIOvoe Manufacturing CoFRKUK HEI8fNFli nf Melssner Aekeruiann A CoALEX E ORR of David flows A CoK M VAN TArtaBL of ltD M Van TasselB II WHITMAN of Whitman BribersManager WM II PEARSONeUgiouI tittA A Manhattan Temperance A Mcietl n Cooper1 Union tomorrow MindsOJi4A p M Doors open It rri tnlaMi reiat 2 Ample time for 30HU to All the great hnll t cud enJoy a fifteen minutes service of song before it Addresses by msnyi music 1 by all Rubject fur all speakers The Roo evelt I Illll Its Effect upon Temperance IThe Hon James II Laird will make ills crenlnx address11 lr it J Irlrr tr toTile grandest musical i programme yet Recitations I AcJII tllBHri PresidentAN OPRNIKO ERVI & lKTle OoBel meetingsLI held In Orand Opera Hall have rrmovid permanently to the 21 St Tabernacle between Uth and 71hava formerly XM Ht Theatre Opening services tomorrow 1030 4 and 73U Preaching inornlmt andevening by the Rer A B Hlmpiun pastor afternoonthe Rer Hugh Pentecost Uervlces every night nestweek Bests all freeIIEIIILEW ChRISTIAN CONORFOAIL TION Cooper Union ronm 34 entrance math St upstairs Rev Jacob Freshman preaches English Hunaay7 uto r M All invited especially Israelites VsptUtn cia Jewish convertMARINKRN TEMPIETIIS Rev Hsml JITI Knapp D D prcochceat sJcand 730 PM I1iold friends the mariners and mission work In thisfield specially luUtedSIICIKTY r fur Ethical t Culture Prof Felix Adlerwill lecture before the Caddy I at Chlckertug rlcorner Slh ar and IHth si on Hunday 23d Inst foamsopened at IDJO closed at 11 All Interested are InvitedSubject The R ruIN lntJ of the YoungT llERE 11 A NERVIer with I sermon everyL Sunday evening I at 745 oclock In the ColltglateDutch Church Lafayette place and East 4th st conducted by the assistant minister the Rev Livingston LTaylor The services for the present have special I reference lo the approaching Easter season1tra4 tllttFOR BALEChetp homes Flushing Long Islsud 2L stories 7 rooms water itO tnt 3itxjD minutesfrom depot flagged walks SlIm half cashWM E BIIEPABDag Reads stFOR HALE acres of land house and barn SouthA st east of Canal Jamaica L I THOS PEASEHUUMKH for sale 11000 H 209 l4 00 1000 SJSOO1 up cash fill up beautiful locations near the carsJ MAUUIIIK Atlantic and Yan Slclen avs1 B Saw YorkroohIijtz tlt tnttBARQAINH Must be sold this nonth47 to 51Lynch st near Bedford av threestory brick I r i rangehot and cold water tube bathroom nrstclass orderten minutes from Broadway ferry t orice 3060 onlyf7ro cash down balance easy payments ExaminelOWNER SK & Pine t room 3 nr TSo getA OEY 7roean flat all sunlight Waabington IIL hieigtits t Jo st grstal scanerym healthy prinasntlahorhooa I mnlIrIo bells tubes gas waterluh blh range A Ii U IIADOLY 7J WaIl at analcorner IMIIIII and 10lh cvCALEDONIAN PARK to let for picnics andgames to all respectable parties MICHAEL PiMproprietor flu Newark av Jersey CityO N THK ANKH of the beautiful river I Red BankN J two tint class dwellings adjoining admirablylocated for two friends as a summer or winter home ornsmcntal shaded grounds carriage and coachmansbuildings complete I ten minutes from good schools railroad and steamboat depot II Ujhoura tn New York torent to private I famlllee Call or address Dr BOYDOtKICKIn basement nf bank balldlngUd st and oihav suitable for banking real estate nr InsuranceInquire UNION DIME SAVINGs I BANKSTOKE FLOOR TO LET 2B Rose St DuOSI steam heat with or without power Inquire ofJQ8KPH T PRESTON 27 Roes stnit LET Threestory house and brick stable S5O2 Brooms Inquire it 104 Varlck stti inc r11nuttAPART if a firstclass I hat store l In Brooklyn withtE stock of canes and umlrellss I to let to a young manAddress 0 box 1S7 Sun officeFIOR HALtvOldestsbllslied shoe store Sou6th ariI only for t slue of stock and fixturesG MEAT OPPORTUNITY fixtures3 gand good will of an oldestablished hardware housefurnishing and paint storn no brokersnJ Jili II H sTEWART 04lliav Brooklyn1ar JinlfFVRNITIIREPrlate sale IA A la lt breaking up housekeeping will sell furnltursof fourstory house r less than half I Coal 7ti & pIanoflo 1forte will 1 sell for uM furniture I lu perfect r7 order andclean I from0AMe Bait IIlh ItUOK NAIE2Snalrsof only firstclass Belgian coJV nary birds 527 Brooms 51lOrlt 0anilgt arrJlf lIAR Diosi EaT rilLYIn America Is InLockport N Y owned by Wllllsm hmllht cantmatch her on paper well bred a naiural trotter nnrecord but dawn with the dyers Full particulars wIllbe given when requiredrequiredryry QoOdQIATlIsjCasslnsres Corduroy Billiard Cloth AoThe largest assortment and the cheapest pricesUIIIIO A 00Corner New Chambers and William stsoarl1 nnd o IlllA FEW gentlemen I can find fond board and pleasantrtdr rooiiael sIlo tails boarders 3D East W stWAiEJrrBlcUJll party I for comfortably farVT nlhe4 h1I roomt housekeeping w hOO SIt iRut 14lh II= tUi iqIURNITCRE carpet bedding staves Ac RestJ v value for cash or easy lemma at OOWPKRYII wAirs11 I to iau Chatlism st NY iU8te4ia rumba II Dkl1ni t in & h0rJaMES MEANS celebrated 13 shoes a full assorttuent at JAMES BOOAN8 corlotBowery eor of Prince att1ItimuS5IIETa or teeth whll wilting dll7 or evenmnwag Dr VLU1E u III IIY JllIt IIO 111I4 IItlt P Wed sow B7dear young frnJ yoejd better believe It If yes vonyour daptwr UtIle foot to tookIlk a delay Joel ask youreke Ban sor esw of ourtopnotch shoe and seeComfortable Why MeatOUr heart my swIUe OBtlque old fogy ore of oarcomnxinicnu shoes wU maketheyou feel very much udarky did whose Ides ofheaves was expressed u follows I Its like flyia frospace add 1 all ds little snft spod fl laiMs oa yeHANAN SONA Wide RangeTilE IMMENSE STOCK AND TilE REMARKABLYLOW PRICKS AT WHICH IIIRKIIKISD A 10 ARESELLING CLOTHINII ArKOKD BUYKR8 OF THEMImi MODERATE MEANS A WIDE RANOE FORBKLBOTION BEAUTIFUL nPRINll OVERCOATS AT83 USUAL PRICE RIO AND SXO COATS EQUALTO CUSTOllMADB WORK AT V4O ABE MOW BPSCIALT1KB WITHBIISBKIND IICO38O AXn 088 BROADWAYCORNER WALKER HTALL DIVE SlURSOPEN SATURDAY EVENINGS UNTIL 9 OCLOCKKENNEDYS HATSFactory 26 Cortlandt St upstairsFine Derby lists inch as gentlemen nsed to pat M and 9A tor onBroadway we now sell at 1100 Kl 33 and M 100 Thsmaterials and workmanship are of the beet qualitySpring styts tills lists fi20 3UO WSt & a saving ot lon each hatPATENT TUBE AND GANG WELLSVYM D ANDREWd A 11RO 333 Broadway New Yorkshit1liIlA1ACIEJU MAIL STEAMSHIP COMPANYPACIFIC 1 h ltmrOHI Pier foot ot laud st North HirerFOIl SAN FUANCISCO VIA THE IbTlIMUS OFPANAMAACAPlttCO salts TucU & April I noon connectingfor Central and South America and MexicoPROM BAN FRAMUxct let Kiid Brounan Us totJAPAN AND CHINACITY 01 RIO Ott JANCIIICI atlis hum Mcb27 noonExcursion tickets between Han Francisco and Yokukama at special ratesFROM bAN PRANCIRCO TO HONOLULU NEW ZEALAND AND AUSrilALlAZEALANPIA sails Kililay April II on arrival otLondon malls at Han FranciscoFor freight passage and general Information apply atCompanys office on the pier foot of Canal st NorthRher It J BULIAY superintendentNATIONAL LINK SPECIAL NOTICENew and fast steamship AMRRtUA ouuo tone CentOrace will leave for Lhcrpoul May 14The steamship KOYPT tai hutiiner newly fitted andfast will sail for Lhirpool April III &Rates of cabin passage r & M to SIlO Choice rooms cannow be I secured on application to F W J IIUKST OUBroadway Model of the AMHKICA on exhibitionIOYAI MAIL TO TIlE NETiiEI1LANI8ROY leave Ios pier fnolKuisea si Jersey CityFOB A HTKHI & AMR AM8TKKDAM UednesdayMarch IU II A M FOIt KOTTlRtAMSs V A8CIIOLTBN Wednesday March 2tl 5 A MFirst cabin 711 second 50 steerage 5 prepsldSImm II CIAZAt1X general aiueaal 25 d Wliismli stI Usd1 EIYE A CO 27 it sitlilamn St freight agentsL W tOltRlS A 815 U P ARED TAR IIVK VOlt ANTWERPIt dalllng from New York and Antwerp every SatnrdavWaesland Hatitrdar March u I PMtteslrataaaditeluraav March 214 7AMSaloons staterooms smoking and ham rooms amidshipsSaloon 51St to ers Excursion fiiuta ilil ad CabinI63 Kxcurslou ShiN hteeruire mitward tis prepaidfrom Antwerp JU Excursion 40 including beddingPETER WRIGhT t SONS Oeneral Agents 83 BroadwaySTATK IINK1IhU FOOT OF CANAL ST0 N as For Ilaegow LIverpool Belfast AclIe STATE OF NEltitASKAMaccit n 4 p MBs STATE OF NFVADA April 3 noonCabin reduced toKoandtwidurtnglhs winter ssasonexcursion tickets IO and HI Second Cabin f33Steerage to Europe 52t Prepaid from Europe aiAUSTIN IIALUVMN A CO Agente M Broadway N TJESERAI TRANNAT AKTIO COMPANYU Between flaw York cud HavreCompanvsplerniw4A Norm River font of Mori on stCanada Do Kersableo Wednesdsy March 203 P14Amerloue Rnntelll Wednesday April 2 10AMLOUIS DE BEBIAN Agentfi BnWlluOreenJ I II I10NNELL A COPRINTING INK MANUFACTURERS7 Sprues st Tribune Building Nsw YorkWe msnufscturs all the printing Ink used on the following and many other publlcatloniiNew York HunHarpers Weekly and BajaMrs Frank LesliesptibllratloneThe Parker A Tllton Art ExhibitNew York TribuneNew York Morning JournalPhiladelphia Public Ledger Aci cablejCEITAlN IUIP for imesdache 000stlpitionpIles etoatachhimen kidney disease wsaIngetoral ietiifilv So romagiltons lmmvlgoratiogSyrup DC500 SI aoa s sallitle battleatmi clroulare free ud VICefrrs troms 5 0 hA A slid S to I I 111 mither lmauns ronsolutions 4 ClOd or chronic cases pronounced Iocurable solicited and cured Via eale by all druggisas analat Unitenuns 115 iution St omcs w West 4th stSend for pamphlet PUB NATIONAL WBAKNEaaIMUST all gentlemen have ailments which irscenieln hoimiseive thejroiiagleant lislder and kidtejS and terminate fatally unless they similar a vhvala an who makes thsm a specialty mod dues not auirice or use surgical Instruments Tlaedeathas from Brlglitslieu of phiiciens end oihrs should b saafltrietWarning Rend to theEuropean and Aiameniccn MedicalBureau 11135 Broadway for book explalailug successfultreatment ozIcs hiouni day and evsoiogDii1 u 11 East & 2dtti stD HfriUl J0 forenoons and svenliftPsi Broadway afternoons New Yorksolleit01usdrlencsi reliable KiVhilJin cli diseases reaurfig skill and xplboth lease blood skin obstructions bladderkidneys iisaztauugs any mathodj cures permanentlywart rise 0 nervous debility weakneuee ibaodotiskilfully prelelmded foreign remamediesi tiasy failm brglected antreatealeolioipj cuAsutIalIn hook frssA15 IJIA tE nf the blood and skin acute andchronic l affections of the kidneys cam other orglnYobstructions nervous and general detillltyTareirssuccessfuily trealed btime immtproted lflsthiodsaooptsd by thephvslmiaas a Surgeons of theAOKMBIli jAL0AKSoclATlnNMEDICALASSoCIATION 46 West 14th stADVICE end consultation frset avoid quacijyconeulmiag o UItIIETTLondon amid V uteffil Melted HISi hetic of 4J years sualalsa him to curs aertalit dlsas a tatac infsw dats m stricture nsryoms ant geusrcl debilaty aImsutljoureal Oiflce 130 Centre peraataat No fee unless curedD1 Ieencs of lIrspertnsalentlystores becith in fou weksm lelluro IimtliosalbieSroad cc Ottlos 75 East 11th s1 riceYor7kl two doorroadway TIcs York fojd No WetliYhet romIiii Vear A jrthoroughmIre allocdleerscentor chonioincudIng Ibossof llhihiiy or Os feeaecrOted05cc from 0 AM to S V n Or JACOIIY 101 hiieeoksr Attend atit 0 501 tb a Nswnoooand nervous diseases laywhen cured Bloodby Drr1gngeon Advics free physician 04 sunDKUO SToRE IOParkstnahilaeqjUpenteasced yhysigi quisa and yennansal catroJAMES MEANS 3 SHOEOAUTIONIa avder la protsot Ue wearers ot sinsUli JAMES UKANVlM HUOBis soIl to all paul the country at a prioe limited by InMANUKAUTUHrilCS by t Sslalp ON Ids soleHhyuiINTLY lorn retoilers out not sell you theJAMKKMKANltlSIIOKjtnleM you Insist uponeq usuAl it Some wiltI recoauiusud Inferiorgoods Isorder te &Sl E m a k a aJ larger lMl tu proaltBerne will tell Ton that the JAMR8MEANS 11 8IIOK Is not mule Inlux Hi style you want Tlieiitheywill show you Mime oilier ahoewhich It pa & a them better to sellNow the manufacturers herebygive yes Hutu that ths latticeis Man t3Mine Is msdsofFINEST CALFSKIN letBUTTON LACK AMU1oNUuIs08 lo Hi meneteclPBHrhtILrard It Ist hide ItsmediumwcIgiBUTTON of soleswith & lth breed ornarrow tneeIt Is the MUST DlIltAIIIE stillSTHAT CAN BE MAUK Rveiii of clause from tho OBUISBslr FARTIlltY OF JAMESMKANM A CO Hollmi Mas Miirranted but James Mtans A Cndi & nut v itrrant the Imttstlone of Hieir I goodswhich ilirch manyenplcandJamceMeang44 A Cocannotus filaa3SHUE d foethe poorCONCCCII qualltltsot goodswhich nicer esm from their fsolory If yon buy theseImitations It Is Ixoati you do not real hail ccuamoncarefuly IIRRK IS TilE OAU1ION Itend It for yourown roteohiian livery genuine SUM Is stamped ou thestile In this way lJAMES MEANS 3 SHOEIf tue retshler does not ill your tent tvlmla a shoe beartai tIlls ilaioll joot WAIK IVY or IllS BTtbiti aImEd goto another dealer WHO WILL Ito Vera cure Hint tlisstamp is plain and spelled correctly wlilmut a tingle lettrrulian ed If you watitlo know annul th merits ofthe Jumps Means fa shoe K & k slay of the tbou & ands whoare wearing II In all parts nf the conntrr Wlirn a menhas tested mimIc shoe lie will buy no other kind Ill A r 14WIly the Jiiiues Means H Mine his won the HIOIIKSTREPUTATION of any shoe In the world If any dealer& ills the price on this shoe he run never net any inureThe James Means f3 Shoe Is SOLD AT THK FOLLOWINI KTOHIHIll New YorkRI Nassna st 21 flrand st 107 mh avisasthav BoweryHiM 3d av cnrnrr iioncrv and &Prince st 2143d av corner 8th av iud 14th st 4Sl Hihav IU7 SIlt av 101 Oreenwlch St I Av A 87 Av A 41Av 11 53 Ar C 1 24 Chatham stIn Nroukl & n341 Mtrile av2ll Grand st 1311 Myrtleav 511 Broad way JX Oranil stLook for the JAMES MEANS YELLOW CARD InwindowJAMES MEANSCELEBRATED J SHOES FULL LINE ATEUGENE FERRIS SOOSI NASSAU STJAMES MEANSCELEBRATED S3 ShOES COMPLETE LINE AVSCOHNBROS 281 Brand StKIM OF TAILORSThe SpringCaiiaiEQ OpedALL THE HEAVY ARTILLERY TO THE FRONTQUOTATIONS THAT TELL25 SUITS TO ORDER 12SPRING OVERCOATSIN ALL STYLES COLOItH AND FABRICSREADYMADE Cl BROADWAY SUITS 7RKADYMAllrj tX HKOADWAY RlITH 50READYMAUB titi IIROAUWAY SlllfS HaOUR BOYS AND CIllLmtKVS CIdTIIINO HOLD ATPROPORTIOhATKLY LOW PKIC1JSKINk OF TAILORS81 83 85 87 80 AND 01 SANDS ST BUOOKLYNTwo blocks east of Bridge cutraicepENY2VANlAhw irOu and after rb J7 1514tREATYRUNK LINEAND UNITED STATES MAIL ROUTETrains leave New York via Detbrosses and Cortlanllbtreets Ferries ns followsIlarnsburg Plttsburgli the West and South with Pullman Palace Cars attached B A M a and H r I M dallyNew York cud Chicago Limited of Parlor DiningBinoklng and Uleeplnit Cars at 5 A M emery dayWllllainsport Lock listen S A MH P 1 Nm Corny andBrie at HP M connecting at Corny for Tltusvilfs Petroleum Centre and the oil RegionsBaltimore Washington and the touth Limited WashInvton fcxpresK of Pullmsu Parlor Cars dally exceptSunday 10 A II arrive Washington 41U P M Bsgalar vial and P U II at 0 JO and H18J A M 340 anilBPMatidU night ric B awl OK R1 kud7fM amId 12 nightBunder via hi and P n It 602 AM ft PM and I 13flight vIa B and O K lt7 p M and 13 nIghtFor Atlantic City except Bund ay with through carI P UBr Csiie May except Sunday 1110 MLoaig Branch Bay Head Junction and Intermediate alations via Rahway and Araljoy Ilk M 12 noon Siloand 5 p I M On Sunday V A tS P M Plo not stop MAsbury ParkBoats of Brooklyn Annex connect with all throughtrains at Jersey city affording a speedy and directtransfer for Brooklyn travelTrains arrive From Pittsburgh 610 and 1110 A M7JU and 1020 P M dolly and 7AM dally exceptMonday From Washlimton and Baltimore 080 150AM4m 3MjSajBr UUtf and lOMPM Sunday 63 A tnai A M lu W5 and lu M P M From Baltimore 1 an P M on Sunday s 9 M P M From Philadelphia 3 Ai 6 lu BV7except Monday OJUWIlU4OlldIJAMlUO2hi4u3SiSJt uA7JU73iN3Ou2a1 10f35 hailS and IU J5 P M Hlmdav8fl0oswaj5u5o7or lias A MOJJ7a usrS10 OS It aa and lu SiP I Mrpo PHILADELPHIATHE OLDESTABLISHED ROUTE AND SHORT LINK20 TRAINS EACH WAY WEEK DAYS AND 9 ON RUNDAY 8 CITATIONS IN PHILADELPHIA 2 INNEW YORKPOUBLB TRACK TIlE MOST IMPROVED EQUIPMEZir AIdh TIlE FAlSEST TIME CoNsluirEfirWITU ABSOLUTE SASETYExpress TraIns leave Nework via Ileabroqise andCamrtiaimdt Street Ferries ae loIiowS no 7 20 hI t 8UJU 9 and IU Limited 11 It 10 AM I51 & 544 4 ft 1 H 7 H and u P M and U night HundavselS8 m Limited & and IU A M 4 6 7 5 amid ar n and 12 nightTrains leaving New York ditty except Sunday at 7 30830 and II 10 A M I s 4 5 and i P M connect aITrenton for CamdenReturning trains leave Broad Street Station PhtladelpIlls UJII ailV 81 4 4SS except Monday CiSO7ii8 & Jjii it 1 and tlIRA M Limited fcxpress1 3i and 5 JU f1 W I 345 tiOSO V and 8J M On Sunday isoiaUi a ju 1 433 8au A MJ 553 Limited BJO 74U 7 & 45 and 8PM LeavePlilladelpiata Sunday via c ulen 5150 A M daily exceptTicket offices RIB 43S and 044 Broadway 1 AitorIioua and font ot nssbross s and Cortlandt sis 4Court at and Brooklyn Ausmcx station fact of Fuitoust Brooklyn Buschs Hotel lloliokeni Htatlon JerseySs Emigrant TiOket mctl S Battery 111cc said Cutie GardenThe New York Transfer Company will call for andCheck baggage from hotels anal teildencesCHA8 t PUOII J 1 u WOODGeneral Manager Oeueral Paiiciaitr AgentP HILADELIIlIA AN U UEAUINU U KBOUND BROOK ROUTEFOR TRENTON AND PHILADELPHIAStation In Nsw York foot Liberty st North RiverCOMMENCING NOV 18 1H83LeavsNewYork145ofiohtl5A5lSOO5053fl7 12PM HundsycN43AStm5ljohjtJ14Leave IhiIM5inliie ranier till cad Ilreens ste 718days SO 113 1 tO bumsslys Trentoit Warren and TurloersUi eta I 23 1l21510tl5mKll34 031 l544iJj014728 PSutidays I rs 01K A N OilS I SIDltAWNi ItOCiSI tARS on all day traIn and SIBEIISO CARAon tiighil trainsTlmriuugts Irslaaa Clad lutk tine to Eastamn BethlehemAllentown Ifaugit Ihuamk Wiilaeplanrre hillataii Scrinton Itrading Iharriebury Iatievilic Saimaliary LewIsburg Wilhtanalpurt unIt all poitit ho central cud easternPsmaneyivansJ It WOOflEN Osneral Manager C 0 IIANCOIIX0 1 and T A Ii P IIALUWIN U It P A liv LibertySt New YorkINOtWIOIILIFAVORljE
WINTEE ROUTE To Boston Ill Worcestar 250Nashua 183 Portland 53 cliii tin transfers liteiamteCITY OP NEW VUIIICandCITY OF LAWRENCEleave Ploy 40 North SOrer tootabove of With St next phr5PM Deg bt Ferry & dilly except dtuaday atJ OITON VIA INOTONLIN EJudith Fare only3 Di ilrstdhaujLIe route avoidIng Pointam at S 11s1cept Bundaysj rum Pier B N ItD EAPRF roaring buzzing Arby & entirely relievedSossleys Aurml Gillctarrs wbeueverylblng sitegilsi 501 lItWest 5th at DruggistsS ° MATCh depot roanevsd in 130 WoosterU TAYLoR alfemat leddlera sepphiedJ5TEDsscon4 hand Woolen desks AddresstIdescription and prac Bo 1455 Mid4lttwp15 pure tea Ii worth W s pounds routedSOc coffee worth ii Worth Ii55 S pounds peeper or musianlUB jijgiir i m Pearl and to hubs itQopsdutrhtpjctIce5TOTICLlatientswiahiug loceneult Pr La Graigeh of ltrJS Filberl at lhiladelphia ls are requestedlogics at least two day nolice prior to tiaeir hntenledvisIt Dr LA GItAStIRS new work on Nerrous Dieease lcd AllIed Dlsoruisre lent free by poet 00 ceuteAddraes as abovepublic aiotirHOST OFFICE NOTICRLettsrs far Europe1 need not bo specially directed for delpatch by anyparticular steamer In order to secure speedy delivery atdestination as all transatlantic india are forwarded bythe fastest & essels availableForeign malls for lime week ending March II will closeat this nOte as followsBATUKDAY lOA St for Ireland and Scotland persteamship Furuessta via MoUlle and Glasgow letters must be directed per Furnessla at 10A M for Belgium direct per steamship Vaeslandvia Antwerp at II A M for Europe per steamship Uonsu via Southampton and Bremen at1 P M fur the Wintiv aril bands nsr steamshipMuriel I at 130 P M for Cuba dual Porte Rico persteamshIp Snratoia & la HavanaMolls for China and Japan per sleamthlp City of Rioile Janeiro via SsnKrsnclscoi close here March JOat e r M Mslls far Australia New ZealandSandwich and FIJI Islands per steamship ZKHlaiidlavia San Francisco close here Aunl e3 at UP M oron arrival at New York or iteainsulp City of Berlinwith Brltlih malls for AuitrsllsiC The schedule of doling of TransPacific malls Is arnamed on the presumption of their uninterrupted overlend transit to San Francisco Malls from the East arrn Ing on time at San Francisco on the day ot sailing ofsteamers ore despatched thence the same dayHENRY PEARSON PostmaiterPostoracs Nsw York N Y March 141554}

我要回帖

更多关于 yy是啥意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信